Here you can find information about how each tier of government works and, in particular, the relative services and responsibilities of parish, district and county councils. There is an explanation of the local electoral boundaries (which parish falls within which district ward and which county division) so that you can work out which councillors represent you. Links are provided to help you contact local government officers, councillors and MPs.
How government works
How parliament works
Parliament is separate from government:
Our Local Government
Local Government Representatives
- Parish Councillors represent Storrington & Sullington. For neighbouring parishes see below.
- District Councillors represent Chantry Ward in Horsham District Council: Amberley, Parham, Storrington & Sullington, and Washington. The neighbouring parishes of Ashington, Thakeham, West Chiltington and Wiston are within the Chanctonbury Ward of Horsham District Council.
- The County Councillor represents the Storrington electoral division: Amberley, Ashington, Parham, Storrington & Sullington, Washington, Wiston. The parishes of Thakeham and West Chiltington are in the Pulborough electoral division
- County Local Committees (CLCs) are the West Sussex County Council approach to involving local residents in decision making. They aim to bring County Councillors closer to local people and you closer to your County Council. The meetings are open to anyone to attend. The Chanctonbury County Local Committee is made up of the electoral divisions of: Storrington, Pulborough, Bramber Castle and Henfield.
|Parish||HDC Ward||WSCC Electoral Division|
|Storrington & Sullington||Chantry||Storrington|
Neighbouring Parish Councils
Welcome to our website!
Latest local news
- Storrington Conservation News: bees and conservationBy Post Contributor on March 17, 2017
- Canine First Aid Courses Saturday 25th March StorringtonBy Post Contributor on March 3, 2017