Storrington Business Breakfast Club
A informal group open to all local businesses which meets monthly at breakfast time (8.00am to 9.00am) on the last Wednesday of the month in the Moon Pub.
Make our village centre more attractive to our potential customers, and increase the foot-fall for all businesses.
Build recognition of Storrington as a destination worth visiting: turn through traffic into customers, and attract new visitors.
To promote and sustain Storrington as a vibrant setting in which residents, traders and visitors achieve a positive experience.
- Accessibility and safety for pedestrians
- Storrington in Bloom 2016
- Promoting the town as an access point to the Downs
- Events & Markets: Italian Market, Bakers & Makers Market etc.
- Re-vitalise library car park tourist notice-boards
Priorities & concerns:
- Ensure customers recognise the offering beyond Old Mill Square: signage
- Enhancing the look & feel of the village: clean-up days, window displays for vacant shops.
- Encouraging businesses to keep their frontages attractive: dealing with traffic pollution grime, litter & weeds.
- A parking system that doesn’t discourage new visitors (no increase in charges)
- Improve the mobile phone reception: black-spot for phone calls, facilities like QR codes can’t be considered.
- Highways signage that recognises the existence of Storrington rather than just direct through traffic to other destinations.
Activities 2012 – 2015:
- Traffic Management Survey: how to discourage the unwanted through-traffic, but avoid negative impact on the business and prosperity of the village. See: Traffic in Villages.
- Local economy research project (Simpson Consulting – WSCC sponsored)
- In Bloom planting & competitions
- Stakeholder for Neighbourhood Planning economy & business focus group
To get on the circulation list email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that not everyone can attend the meetings, so it’s perfectly acceptable for businesses to participate by email.