Valerie Dent, actor and teacher, will be running this taster workshop. This is not about being an actor, but about exploring your inner self and expressing it through acting exercises. As an actor you need to know yourself really well, it is a continuous journey of letting go, so you can explore a character. This is why these skills are so helpful for anyone who wants to discover and explore themselves at a deeper, richer level.
This will be a taster workshop using acting exercises to explore the following themes:
- Grounding exercises using theatre games – fun and about bonding as a group
- Confidence exercises – group work, working together
- Self-expression using improvisation, text work , words and movement
- Finding your voice and breathing techniques – so important for expression, vocal exercises, using the breath to go within, and learning how using the breath will keep us calm
- Body work – gentle movement exercises using a Jacques LeCoq techniques
- Helps us to listen to our bodies and feel the vibrations
- Meditation exercise (Gill Edwards) – using one of Gill’s meditations to go within.
Overall the aim is to explore ourselves, learn, share and above all have fun!
Please book in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit www.thespirituallightcentre.org