West Sussex County Council is proposing a series of changes to the Early Help service including to:
- Maintain Early Help services from 11 of our 43 Children & Family centre buildings; at least one centre in each district and borough of West Sussex
- Increase the support and focused response to vulnerable children.
- Ensure families have access to the most appropriate support, including closer working with schools.
- Protect a full-time drop-in service for young people in each district and borough by merging our 12 Find It Out (youth) Centres with our 11 Children and Family Centres.
- Cease delivering group work.
The proposed changes will deliver savings already identified in the council’s financial plan.
This will affect Storrington’s Little Footsteps Family Centre, as it and other Family Centres in the Horsham District may close, leaving just one in Horsham, and the support to many young families in the town and outlying rural areas will be lost.
If you want to know more, and to have your say on these proposals, please follow this link:
N.B There is a special pack so that children can also express their views in a fun way.[spacer height=”20″]