The District Council has now (Tuesday 24 March) set up a local Community Support Hub serving Storrington and the surrounding area.
The team there will register requests for help from vulnerable residents and match up these requests with registered volunteers who can provide support.
We have printed some volunteer help cards, which can be used to let people know where their nearest support services are. These will need to be posted through letterboxes, so we will be looking for volunteers to do this so people have a way of contacting help if necessary.
Can you volunteer? Get in touch
- If you are a volunteer or want to volunteer, please get in touch with us so that we can pass on your details at a local level
- If you have organised or are currently running a new informal local coronavirus (COVID-19) volunteer group, please get in touch so we have the group’s details
Do you know someone who is vulnerable?
- If you are vulnerable or know of somebody who is vulnerable please let us know
- We will also hold information on what services and support is available in your area
To talk to a member of the team about volunteering:
- please call 01403 215230 (7 days a week between 9am – 5pm but there may be times when we can’t answer immediately)
- or email Covid-19.Support@horsham.gov.uk
Please note that the Government Guidance issued 23 March 2020 says “you may leave the house to provide care or to help a vulnerable person”