There will be a by-election for a District Councillor for Storrington and Washington Ward on Thursday 7 April 2022. This ward includes Storrington, Sullington and Washington: see map.
Please note that the deadline for candidate nominations is 4pm Friday 11 March.
- Polling cards will be dispatched from 11 March
- The deadline to register to vote is 5pm on 22 March
- The deadline to apply for a postal vote is 5pm on 23 March
- The deadline to apply to vote by proxy is 5pm on 30 March. Emergency proxy applications will be taken until 5pm on polling day
We hope to publish details of candidates as soon as they become available.
The notice below, and information about how to vote, can be found on the Horsham District Council website.
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Horsham District Council
Election of a District Councillor
for Storrington & Washington Ward
1. Nomination papers may be obtained from the office or the Returning Officer at Election
Office, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL on any weekday (excluding bank holidays) between 10am and 4pm. They can also be downloaded from The Electoral Commission website https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/local-elections-england
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Election Office, Horsham District Council, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL on any day after the date of this notice between 10am and 4pm each working day but no later than 4pm on Friday 11 March 2022.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 7 April 2022.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12midnight on Tuesday 22 March 2022. Applications can be made online:
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL by 5 pm on Wednesday 23 March 2022.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL by 5pm on Wednesday 30 March 2022.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL by 5pm on Thursday 7 April 2022. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday 30 March 2022. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday 30 March 2022.
8. For further information on any matter covered by this notice please contact Electoral Services on 01403 215 581 or by email on email@example.com