21 September 2021
We are about to start inviting you for your Covid-19 booster vaccinations.
Those eligible are:
- Those living in residential care homes for older adults
- All adults aged 50 years or over
- Frontline health and social care workers
- All those aged 16-49 with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe Covid-19 (as set out in the green book), and adult carers.
- Adult household contacts (aged 16 or over) of immuno suppressed individuals.
We will be offering boosters in the same order that you became eligible for your first vaccine. There will be a wait for some people as we work through the most vulnerable patients first.
We will only be offering booster vaccinations to patients registered at The Glebe Surgery.
There must be a gap of 6 months from the date of your second vaccination to the date you receive your booster.
The vaccine we are offering is Pfizer-BioNTech. If you are unable to have this vaccine type, you can book a Moderna booster vaccine at a vaccination centre here.
Invitations will come in the form of phone calls and text messages from the staff at the Surgery.
There is currently no recommendation of a third vaccine for anyone not in the above groups, but if this information changes, we will be contacting those affected to offer them an appointment.
For further information, please see the JCVI statement regarding the booster programme here.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while waiting for your invitation.
The Glebe Surgery