The Warm Home Discount
This is a Government scheme giving qualifying households £140 credit into their electricity accounts. The discount can be applied to energy accounts between from 14 October until the end of March 2020.
Horsham District Council is urging local people concerned about paying their energy bills to apply promptly for the Warm Home Discount.
Horsham District Council Cabinet Member for Community Matters and Wellbeing, Cllr Tricia Youtan commented:
“With the colder weather returning, people are turning their heating back on and thoughts turn to heating costs.
“Some of our residents may be worried about the cost of their energy bills and the Warm Home Discount can really help with heating costs during the colder months.
“There is a limited amount of money available and it can get allocated quickly so I would urge you to apply as soon as you can by contacting your energy supplier”.
If you receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit, you are part of the ‘core group’ and should receive the Warm Home Discount automatically.
If you’re on a low income you could also meet your energy supplier’s criteria.
Pre-payment meters and pay-as-you-go meters are included in the scheme.
Park home residents who are billed for their electricity through their park site owner can also apply.
The Warm Home Discount is different from the winter fuel payment, which all people of pensionable age receive.
To apply for the Warm Homes Discount contact your energy supplier or apply online via your energy company’s website.
Park home residents who have electricity supplied by their site owner should apply online at www.parkhomeswhd.com.
More information is available at www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme, or by calling the Warm Home Discount team on 0800 731 0214.
The number of energy suppliers offering the Warm Home Discount is growing each year. This year, 2019/2020, the following suppliers are part of the scheme:
• Angelic Energy – see Robin Hood Energy
• Atlantic – see SSE
• Avro Energy
• Beam Energy – see Robin Hood Energy
• Boost – see OVO
• Bristol Energy – only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’
• British Gas
• Bulb Energy
• Citizen Energy – see Robin Hood Energy
• Co-operative Energy
• E (Gas and Electricity)
• Ebico – see Robin Hood Energy
• Economy Energy has closed – use OVO
• EDF Energy
• Extra Energy has closed – use Scottish Power
• First Utility – now Shell Energy
• Flow Energy
• Fosse Energy – see Robin Hood Energy
• GB Energy – see Co-operative Energy
• Great North Energy – see Robin Hood Energy
• Green Network Energy
• Green Star/Hudson
• Liverpool Energy Community Company (LECCy) – see Robin Hood Energy
• Lumo – see OVO
• Octopus Energy
• Our Power has closed – use Utilita
• Powershop – see npower
• Ram Energy – see Robin Hood Energy
• Robin Hood Energy – only if you’re eligible for the ‘core group’
• Sainsbury’s Energy
• Scottish Gas – see British Gas
• Scottish Hydro – see SSE
• Shell Energy (previously First Utility)
• Southern Electric – see SSE
• Spark Energy has closed – use Ovo Energy
• SWALEC – see SSE
• Utility Warehouse
• White Rose Energy – see Robin Hood Energy
• Your Energy Sussex – see Robin Hood Energy
Please contact your energy supplier with enquiries in the first instance.