Storrington Covid-19 Community Support Hub (tel. 07514 118678)
An update from Chris Poore, Storrington & Sullington Neighbourhood Warden
Just thought I would give you an update as the Hub has been running for 3 weeks now. So far the hub has delivered 104 medication and 90 shopping collection requests. The reports coming back from all the friendly calls that have been made by some of you is also very reassuring and we have been able to support and get help for some of the residents. It is very noticeable that over the last week we are getting more and more requests for help, so a big thank you to all that have helped with shopping and meds deliveries. Our list of volunteers is long so please stick with us we will get to everyone to help.
We have also found that we have peak hours at the hub so we are changing the hours to Monday to Saturday 9am to 2pm, and closing the hub on Sundays as we had very few calls on that day. The Horsham emergency number (01403 215230) is still available to contact out of hours.
Please keep in mind the following:
- the collection service is for people who are unable to leave their homes and have no-one else to turn to
- generally the collection and delivery is carried out the day you call
- the telephone line is busiest between 9am and 10.30, so call after 10.30 if you have trouble getting through
- to make good use of our resources for shopping, please don’t call us for less than about 10 items or more than about 15 items
- for medication, you need to call the pharmacy to confirm that the prescription has been filled and is ready for pickup, before asking us to arrange collection
If you, or someone you know, is in need of assistance do not hesitate to get in touch with the Hub – the volunteers there are friendly and considerate and will do their best to help you out!
The Storrington Hub is managed by the Neighbourhood Wardens and facilitated by Storrington Community Partnership.